Sunday 14 November 2010

   It's my dad's birthday today.  It was lovely seeing him and Amber on seeing the number of candles in his cake asked me if Grandad was 3!  I told her he was a little older than that...  Jack was on top form and spent the afternoon wandering from room to room and pressing every button in sight.  He loves their dogs so much, he just laughs hysterically at them.  Jack has what I call the 'mad scientist laugh' it's a very deep, kind of wicked chuckle, it never fails to make me smile!
   I also have a very happy husband today. Sunderland beat Chelsea 3-0 so he's on cloud 9.  Much better than the terrible 5-1 loss against Newcastle, not so long ago!
   My christmas doll arrived earlier this week.  She had rather a harsh face-up so I wiped it off and gave her a much gentler one.  I'm not that good at face-ups but I'm getting better and it'll do until I can save up to send her for a professional one.  Mind you she'll have to get in the queue.  Fly, my Soah hybrid is first.  But she'll need some work doing as I bought her as an unfinished modded head. 
   Anyway, I restrung her with thicker elastic and hot glued her and now she poses like a dream.  She's a doll family miyou and I love her chubbiness.  I'm also pleased that sometime last year I bought some croc shoe keyrings, I think they were about 60p each, thinking they'd fit one of my dolls but they didn't.  I kept them because I thought they were cute and I was so thrilled to find they fit miyou perfectly! 
   So now I have to decide what to do with her.  I should really pack her back up and let my husband hide her until christmas, but he made the mistake of saying I could have her now if I wanted but I won't get anything else.  That doesn't bother me at all.  But I can't make up my mind.  I think I might make her some clothes and then parcel her up...but we'll see. (I told you I can never make a decision!)
  Hey hum, work tomorrow and I'm taking her in to show her to someone.  I love working where I am at the moment because they like my dolls.  It's nice to show them off.  :)
   I'm getting excited about going to my first doll meet soon.  I'm sooo nervous though as I don't know anyone and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of the oldest if not the oldest person there.  But it's about time I went to one so I'm going to just bite the bullet and just go!!
Well that's it for now, bye!

2 comments:

  1. Your kids sound so sweet! Boys are awesome, they so bonkers all the time xD. goodluck at your first meet! I wouldn't worry too much about age, it's your spirit that counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks. I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm just a bit shy meeting people for the first time and a lot of them know each other already.

    ReplyDelete